Yoram Yasur Blume: Cardio after doing weights
In the case that you only practice cardio, you will be leaving aside other functions and needs of your body. Yoram Yasur Blume: That is why each type of exercise or training is indicated for the development of one of them and, therefore, we must seek a development and practice of different exercises in a much more comprehensive way. For this reason, we want to talk to you about some of the benefits of doing cardio after weights.
What specific benefits does cardio do after weights?
Next, we will talk about some of the benefits that cardio does after weights.
- Increases and improves respiratory capacity as well as resistance to certain diseases.
- It improves our own physical appearance as well as our overall health.
- The fat in our body is significantly reduced, keeping obesity and other pathologies associated with being overweight at bay.
- Yoram Yasur Blume: In the case of cardio exercises, it must be said that they significantly increase the elasticity of blood vessels and thereby reduce the risk of suffering from hypertension. In addition, it must be said that it favors hormonal control and generally improves our mood and mood.
- The activity of cardio combined with weights increases our resistance and generates the production of lactic acid while at the same time providing a greater stimulus for our blood circulation.
- Both activities together improve our coordination as well as our balance. Likewise, all the benefits on our appearance and fitness reinforce our own self-esteem and confidence.
- The joint realization of cardio and subsequently weights makes the symptoms suffered by people suffering from diabetes be relieved and helps them control their blood sugar.
- This type of physical activity contributes, in passing, to make our metabolism work in a more efficient way.
How to combine cardio and subsequently weights?
Yoram Yasur Blume: When we are going to put into practice the combination of cardio and weight exercises, we must do it in a certain order. We want to talk about it precisely below so that this combination achieves the best possible results to deplete glucose and thereby burn fat.
– In the case of wanting more muscle it is advisable to go to the weights first
In the case of our muscle volume we must take into account that it is essential to consume the energy of the principle with weights. In the case of doing cardio, we would first end up fatigued and then we could not comply with our weight routine. For this reason, we must always make the decision whether we want to lose weight or gain muscle. Both types of exercises can be combined to achieve both effects in combination.
– If you want less fat, opt for cardio first
In case you want to burn more fat, it is advisable, therefore, to start with cardio exercises first. Indeed, if what we want is to improve our athletic ability and gain endurance, we will start with exercises of that type. That way, in that case the weights will be a complement to cardio exercises. In fact, they will be greatly thanks to the increase in the power of our legs. It is advisable in this case to also use force machines.
– If you want further strengthening, start with strength exercises
Finally, if you are looking for a general strengthening of the body while keeping it underweight, it is best to include high intensity interval exercises combined with a combination of weight.
Supplementary tips for cardio and weights
Yoram Yasur Blume: Finally, we want to offer a series of complementary tips when doing cardio and weights. In general, before workouts we should avoid high intensity exercises so as not to start with fatigue anymore. Another possible alternative is to plan sessions of other sports such as cycling, at a previous time of day and then spend the rest of the day in the gym.
In general it is advisable to do a short routine between 45 minutes and the hour and to carry out only exercises that you master with a repetition for the series between five and eight times with several breaks of between two and five minutes. As for the diet, we must ensure that it contains enough protein.
In the case of finally opting for cardio and strength routines followed by one another, it is advisable to ingest once the exercise is finished abundant proteins and also carbohydrates.